Job Ref.: 3614
Job Title: Account Manager - Transportation
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Tulsa
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Transportation and Supply Chain Solution company looking for a successful Account Manager.
SUMMARY: The Account Manager is responsible for the development of profitable new business and for building strong relationships with existing customers that allow for the retention and growth of their business. Account Managers are typically our first contact with new customers and must always represent the company in a professional manner using a consultative approach to winning their business.
* Provide quotes and handle booking requests for all transactional customers
* Utilize a consultative sales approach to identify, solicit, and secure new business from existing and new customers
* Participate in face-to-face sales calls as needed
* Manage all customer account and contact information, sales call notes, and rate quote documents as well as any other customer interaction information through a Logistics Operations System & CRM Tool
* Provide sales support to Marketing Manager for direct marketing campaigns, web ads, print ads, and other sales lead programs
* Participate in the evaluation of and respond to all formal bid packages, on-line bid packages & carrier profiles from assigned customers
* Ensure customers are informed of all the necessary documentation requirements for customs clearance, hazardous materials, or to meet any other regulatory or customer requirements
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor's degree or 5 years equivalent industry experience. Must be able to communicate effectively and demonstrate strong customer service skills. Will have demonstrated the ability to multi-task, work in a team oriented environment, make good decisions, and problem solve
Two or more years of transportation industry experience in a sales or business development role. Demonstrated experience in identifying and growing new business in the modes of dry van, flat bed, over dimensional, temperature controlled, intermodal, expedited and/or air
SPECIAL TRAINING: Ability to utilize a Logistics Operations System & CRM Tool, navigate the Windows XP OS and use Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word and Excel
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: It is necessary to talk, hear, sit, walk, type, write, and move with a full range of motion. It is occasionally necessary to lift up to 25 lbs.
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree or 5 years equivalent industry experience.
2. 2+ years of transportation industry experience in a sales or business development role.
3. Demonstrated experience in identifying and growing new business in the modes of dry van, flat bed, over dimensional, temperature controlled, intermodal, expedited and/or air.
4. Bilingual English Spanish