Job Ref.: 3568
Job Title: Office Manager - Customer Service - Manufacturing
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Dalton
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Manufacturing Company is seeking someone to serve as Office Manager who will be responsible for leading overall office activities, directing and coordinating office (essentially non-manufacturing) staff, and participation in related corporate projects. The incumbent will need to understand many aspects of our business and feel confident to make quick, informed decisions. In this role, you will be expected to identify and implement successful strategies to improve quality of service, productivity, and profitability in all administrative areas. This position serves as a critical resource internally to our upper management, office and production staff. The incumbent also serves as a vital resource to our customers and suppliers.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: The Office Manager will directly manage the department supervisors of Customer Service, Art Department, Accounting Department, Marketing, Retail Division, and Human Resources.
* Recruit, train, and motivate an office team that is focused on providing world class customer service.
* Drive office innovation. Find better ways of doing things to improve efficiencies and customer service.
* Pursue quality at every opportunity. Lead a team that strives to do things right the first time.
* Oversee company policies, procedures, and office operations.
* Manage and assess work performance and work-load of all office staff.
* Provide team members with the appropriate training, tools, direction, motivation and discipline to enable their success while monitoring progress and achievement through established performance metrics.
* Maintain administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, training and appraising employees.
* Improve business standardization to utilize best company practices.
* Attend quarterly Strategic Planning meetings.
* Maintain pricing spreadsheets and responsible for implementation of price increases in the ERP computer system.
* Maintenance to item files including addition of new items, colors, sizes, and packaging detail.
* Help resolve customer requests, issues or complaints.
* This position will require one to investigate and implement solutions to business problems and enhance our current methods of doing business.
* Enjoy independent, project-based work. Some projects will require self-teaching to determine a solution for business opportunities.
* Have a desire to get things done quickly and accurately.
Qualified candidates will possess a four-year college degree with 3-5 years of direct supervisory experience, demonstrate knowledge of office administration practices within a manufacturing company environment, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail and task oriented, and possess creative problem solving skills. Applicants must also have a good attitude, the flexibility to juggle multiple tasks, and comprehend at a rapid pace. We are seeking a team player with strong computer skills working with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, and Excel), who is highly motivated, and is a self-starter. Experience using Lean techniques and approaches in driving positive change is a plus.
ABILITIES: Seeking individual with:
* Strong hands-on leadership traits and sense of urgency
* Analytical business savvy
* Attention to detail
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Strong work ethic
* Excellent computer skills working with Microsoft Office applications
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's Degree.
2. 3+ years of Management experience with a Mid-Sized Manufacturer ($25 million to $150 million) including Customer Service handling inquiries and issues for large business clients.
3. 2+ years of Management experience in a manufacturing company directly managing department supervisors such as Art Department, Accounting Department, Marketing, Retail Division, and Human Resources.
4. Local or in the General Region.