Job Ref.: 3515
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Contract Manufacturing
Relocation Available: Yes
Town / City: Eagan
Job Type: Featured Opportunity
Responsible for business development activities and sales that maintain and grow existing business and create new business opportunities within personal care contract manufacturing. The Business Development Manager is responsible for developing long-term relationships with a designated portfolio of assigned clients and connecting with key client stakeholders. The Business Development Representative will liaise between clients and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our product solutions according to client needs.
* Identify and develop existing and new sales and profit opportunities in the personal care contract manufacturing market
* Operate as the lead point of contact for any and all matters specific to customers
* Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
* Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
* Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives
* Communicate clearly the progress of monthly/quarterly initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
* Forecast and track key account metrics
* Identify and grow opportunities within designated customer base and collaborate with sales management to ensure growth of prospects and customers
* Implement pricing strategies and support negotiation of supply contracts and non-disclosure agreements with accounts to support strategic business opportunity
* Assist with high severity requests or issue escalations as needed
* Provide sales and project management support for specific growth opportunities and coordinating projects with various technical and business development resources within the company and at the Customer
* Create and implement a networking strategy that will support generation of new sales opportunities. Identify and recommend or participate in relevant conferences, business and technical seminars, trade shows, etc to make new contacts and identify new business development opportunities.
* Other duties as assigned
B.A., Business, Finance or other related field.
MBA preferred, but not required.
* Minimum of 5-7 years of Contract Manufacturing business development experience. Preferred in the Suncare, Skincare or Haircare categories.
* Experience in working with internal cross functional teams to develop and present product solutions to potential, as well as existing clients.
* Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business
* Experience with solution based sales approach in acquiring new prospects, whereby the client becomes a long term multi-project client for the company.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills utilized within the company, as well as externally with prospective and existing clients.
* Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines; detail oriented
* Ability to travel (10-15 %)
Bottom Line Requirements:
1. Bachelor's degree required. MBA preferred.
2. 5+ years of Contract Manufacturing business development experience.
3. Experience in working with internal cross functional teams to develop and present product solutions to potential, as well as existing clients.
4. Demonstrated effectiveness in prospecting and developing new business.
5. Experience in the Suncare, Skincare or Haircare categories preferred.